Paclitaxel

Good morning. …this may be a silly question or one that has been answered already so I do apologise should either be the case. Is there an ‘list’ of foods that you should and shouldn’t east whilst receiving Paclitaxel? TIA.

Hi Anneliese, 

I am sorry you have not yet received a reply from one of our users yet but I am sure one of our users will be along shortly to offer their support.

In the meantime do give our support line a call at 0808 800 6000 who can talk to you about food choices while going through treatment.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

Hi

There are no particular foods to avoid that are associated only with Pacitaxel as far as I know, just the usual ones to avoid for most chemo’s. Your oncology nurses should advise you of their policy, strangely it does seem to vary from one NH trust to another, whereas chemo itself doesn’t! They normally give a pre chemo talk and give leaflets out with guidelines, or at least they do at my hospital. If not I expect one of the MacMillan leaflets would explain it or one from BCC.

Hope this helps, if not check out the threads in the general, non secondary, part of the Forum as there’s lots there about chemo and what  to do or not to do.

Nicky x

Thank you x

Just for info,

oncolink.org/treatment/article.cfm?c=143&id=145

Julia x