Pain 6 weeks after double mastectomy with reconstruction

Hi, it’s over 6 weeks since my operation and I still cannot lay comfy in bed, I’m still sleeping on my recliner sofa, is this normal? Also I’m finding one side is more swollen and painful than the other side and I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

Dear Jeang,

So sorry to read, you are feeling very uncomfortable after your recent surgery, it’s very early days for you only 6 weeks since your surgery.

Not sure when your next follow-up is but I think a telephone call to your breast cancer nurse as you have pain and discomfort on one side more than the other hopefully they call you in and get you checked out to put your mind at rest as we don’t want you to be in pain this will pull you down and make you miserable.

Some people take longer to recover than others, You have had major surgery and I think we all like to carry on as if nothings happened that you have been through a lot physically and mentally. You have had major surgery and I think we all like to carry on as if nothings happened.

Take good care of yourself with lots of rest and hopefully have some help to get you through this.

Wishing you well please come back and let us know how you’re getting on.

Biggest hugs Tili :rainbow: :rainbow: