Pain in breast x

I am just wondering if it’s normal to have pain in the breast that has cancer growth I am struggling at moment & unsure who to talk to
Thanks for reading xx

Hi bcwarrior70

Thanks for posting on our forum

We hope to be able to respond to you on Monday.

In the meantime our helpline is open until 4pm today, and we are open between 9am and 1pm tomorrow (Saturday) if you would like to talk things through.

If you do phone our helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses service co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

Dear bcwarrior70,

I can see our BC Nurses are going to reply to you very soon, maybe give them a call in the morning as you don’t want to be worrying all weekend.

Wishing you well going forward. Please let us know how your getting on

Hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

1 Like

I started experiencing this a few days before my first chemo. I told the nurse before she started administering it and she said “it’s clearly time, it’s good we’re starting this” and did/said nothing else about it.
Have to say since the treatment (almost 3 weeks ago) the pain has gone. Don’t know if it’s anything to do with the treatment, I’m hoping maybe it’s already started shrinking the crap in there but without it actually being scanned who knows?
I’ll be talking to my oncologist next week about it. I would make sure you similarly don’t let it go, talk to someone about it.

@bcwarrior70 I hope you have a similar experience when it comes to the pain going away.

1 Like

Thanku so much for reply hoping your chemo goes well I am on hormone therapy I wish you well and positive vibes thanku xx

1 Like

Dear @bcwarrior70 , i had pain in my left breast for 12 months before i eventually found a lump which turned out to be cancer. Its not listed as a symptom but for me it was. I hope all goes well with your treatment love Tulip x

1 Like

Hi bcwarrior70,

Thank you for posting. It is understandable that you have questions and are struggling, having noticed pain in the breast where you have or previously had cancer.

Breast pain can have several causes, which our information explains. Having painful, sore, or tender breasts can cause anxiety but on its own, it is not usually a sign of breast cancer as @tulip29 mentions. However as @sez and @Tili say it is important to talk to your breast care nurse, treatment team or GP about the pain you are experiencing, and also to describe how you are feeling so that they can support you.

We also offer a range of free supportive services including our Moving Forward courses for anyone who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer which you may be interested in. They include face to face and online courses and events.

For more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link, or call our free helpline.

Do also call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000. If you have hearing or speech difficulties prefix our number with 18001 and the call will go through Relay UK. Our helpline has access to telephone interpreters if language translation is required.

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back .

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Katy

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.