Pain in the neck....

Hello all - I’m a newbie to this forum and I’m wondering if you may be able to help me please?

I was DX with IBC in July 05 Grade 3 stage 3 with lymph involvement- 4 months of chemo to reduce two masses, mastectomy, 4 months of chemo and then rads. I had a full hystorectomy the following year and now take Arimidex.

For the last 4 months I have been feeling generally unwell - not desperately poorly, but not 100% and I am constantly tired.I had a regular onc appt in December and mentioned about not feeling 100% and at that time, my neck and shoulder in general were just uncomfortable. I had bloods done as they suspected I may have had a an infection - they came back clear and there was no further recommendations.

Just recently, the general uncomfortable feeling in my shoulder and neck have changed to a pain in my neck only which appears to be coming from one specific point on my collarbone. There isn’t anything to feel as such, certainly no lump, but it’s really painful. Before my original dx I was treated for mastitis for 5 weeks as I was constantly told that cancer doesn’t hurt!!! Sadly Inflammatory BC does. Again, a couple of people I have told, have repeated the same to me in that cancer doesn’t hurt and therefore I shouldn’t worry about it. But I can’t seem to just dismiss the thoughts.

Is there anyone out there who has had similar? I hope not really as I would like to hear that you are all feeling good, but I’m sure you know what I mean? If anyone has had similar pain, I would be grateful to hear what has happened with you?

I have found your posts on this forum to be incredibly inspiring and I think you all do a fabulous job with each other. I am hoping that now I have found you, I would love to contribute and try to help others too.

Thank you all - in anticipation

Flossie XXX

Hi Flossie,

I was DX with primary + bone metz about 2 weeks apart.

I didn’t feel any pain at the time, just a stiff neck! I thought it was caused by me sitting in front of computers all day due to my job. So, it came as a shock when bone scan showed abnormalities and was later confirmed by MRI scan that I have bone metz in 5 places!

The only thing I can say is that if it worries you, mention it to your onc or BCN and get it checked out. Nothing is worse than sitting there and worrying about it.

Take care

Flossie - sorry to hear that you are going through this latest worry…:frowning: We do now a subforum on here for those of us with IBC… it is in the section - talking to others in a similar position. As the problems have been going on for more than a few weeks i think you should try and get back in contact with your bcn or gp and see if they can arrange for you to have a bone scan…

Do pop along to the IBC section - breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/inflammatory-breast-cancer-ibc–f103.html we are a small group as you can guess but very supportive…

Theresa x