Panic and anxiety.

My old friend is back! The anxiety problem that kept me at home for four months last summer and lost me my driving licence for that time.
Been doing OK so far with the cancer, until the hair came out. I’ve been out and about with hubby, and yesterday went out alone to the supermarket. Pushed a trolley round for a few minutes and then decided that it might be a good idea if I dumped the trolley and make a run for it. I didn’t. I stayed, only because somebody stopped to speak to me. Went to pay for some petrol, and the same feeling of fear, dissiness and shaking came across me.
I took the girls to the seaside for the afternoon and it happened again. I’ve got my insurance forms to post, but won’t go to the post office. Got a parcel to collect…you get the gist.
Been using beta blockers for a while, and the dosage doubled a couple of months back. GP tells me to ask Onc. Onc, tells me GP.
Due chemo this week, and somehow I don’t think i’m going to get there ;o(

Hi elttiks,

Have you tried giving the helpline here a ring? They’re here to support you through this.

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Hi Elttiks

Can so understand how you feel = that has been me for the last 3 years. Bizarrely since finishing chemo though my panic attacks have virtually gone. No more racing heart, dizziness like I am about to faint, feeling sick etc. As my periods have now stopped I wondered if the panic attacks (and maybe the breast cancer) were due to hormones.

My chemo doctor gave me Lorazapan to take on the morning of the chemo and that really helped and I also had some low dosage valium to take in the evenings to help me get a good nights sleep.

Really sympathise with you as I know how horrible it is.

Kallycat