Pembrolizumab continuing after chemo - will my hair grow

I’m 38 with 3NBC and after I finish chemo my immunotherapy (Pembrolizumab) will continue for 6 months along with my surgery, radiotherapy and the rest of the fun cancer package.

I want my hair back SO BADLY, I know that seems vain and trite. Can anyone whose being through a similar treatment tell me, will my hair regrow on the pembrolizumab alone?

Also how normal is life just on immunotherapy? Can I wear contact lenses? can I go to work? can I eat out at a restaurant?

it feels like my chemo has been fairly intense and I’m eager for any normality.

2 Likes

Hi @TillyN

I am sorry you haven’t had a response to your question regarding Pembrolizumab. There is nothing vain or trite about wanting to feel more normal, however that looks for you.

I am sure someone will be able to share their experience with you. In the meantime please know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

Sending our love,
Lucy

Hi TIllyN, I had Idc, er positive, her2-, and had 3 months ec, then 3 docetaxol, i worried terribly that my hair would not come back, esp not using cold cap. A nurse advised me to use rosemary oil (not neat) in with shampoo. It took about 2 months, but came back quite thick. Whether this helped, i don’t know, but worth a try. Lots of luck getting your notmality back.