periods returning after zolodex

Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place…
My mum got told she needed zoladex injections after er+ diagnosis… The oncologist said that it will hopefully kill her ovaries after 2 years.
She was diagnosed in 2011 and stopped zoladex last October. Tonight I’ve had her nearly in tears because she’s started bleeding and had all the period symptoms. She said she had felt amazing lately nearly back to her old self sleeping wise etc and now it makes sense.
We all know the risks of letting oestrogen build up again in the system and I am so so angry after all the research I’ve done nowhere does it say zoladex will kill ovaries and periods WILL return unless menopausal, my mum is only 45.
I am so so annoyed that her oncologist has put her in this situation, she is absolutely terrier of being touched again with needles etc.
Is the next step now ovary removal?? And could there be any concerns cancer wise for letting the oestrogen come back into her system?
I’m currently fuming and scared :frowning:

Hi Blinklover
I am sorry that you and your Mum have this worry, our helpline is open again in the morning at 9am so please feel free to call to talk your concerns over on 0808 800 6000

Open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC