Pertuzumab

Hi madge so did you have a scan after your 3rd cycle of h&p?

Fergal, I’ve had 5 or 6 ct scans since I’ve been on H & P but they’re being done 3 monthly now (phew) Hope this helps.
LD x

Thanks both yeah its the fear of no.chemo but hoping to see a good response on stans fingers crossed she is also possibly getting hormone treatment too not sure details tho

Hi, I started Herceptin back in June after my op to remove tumour on sternum showed I had changed to Her2 +. I wasn’t given pertuzumab as it wasn’t considered ‘necessary’ at the time. CT scan in October showed stable bone mets but 2 liver lesions so I am now 3 cycles in on docetaxol. I asked about pertuzumab but was told I could not have it because I didn’t start it with herceptin at the beginning of treatment -apparently it’s not going to be funded in that way in the near future. So I can’t have it just because I had herceptin on its own. Doesn’t make much sense to me xx

Hi all hope uv had a great Christmas x

Hi all hope the new year finds you all well and coping well with treatments. Mum has had her second dose of pertuzumab and herceptin this week and you’d honestly think she doesn’t have this vile disease other than not working at the moment to try relieve some stress shes just mum of you get what I mean. The fear of not having chemo at the moment is still in our minds but she seems very positive and no SE to speak of so far. Hopefully early February will bring some good news after her body scan

Thanks lemondrizzle :slight_smile: I feel like a rabbit caught in headlights right now expecting to wake up from this nightmare xx

Hi all, well mum has had 3 treatments of herceptin and pertuzumab obviously no docetaxol so no chemo with it but they’ve started her on hormone tablets too. Now I’m getting nervous, she’s got her ct scan monday although won’t no results for a couple weeks after but I’m so praying for good news!!! Scary again

Thanks chocolates, really hope so x

Mum has only had 3 doses so far first 2 she was in around 6 hours last one was quick compared just 3 hours.

How long do u all normally wait for scan results plz. The waiting is making me anxious

3 weeks?! That a long time!!! It’s usually a week to 10 days depending on the hospital but if ur anxious U shud call ur BCN to chase results xx

4 days till results, the wait is making mum and dad ill waiting for her results. Everyone on tender hooks

Well mum had scan results today. As she is just having h and p and no chemo we were pretty worried.about results but breast lump.has reduced and the 3 traces in her liver have also reduced!!! So we are to continue with treatment. Happy, was hoping at the least for stable so to see improvement is very good news.

Lemon is your results back Wednesday??

Don’t think like that lemon it’ll keep working

Hey everyone! Wow 17 months fingers crossed!!

I don’t have any definitive results as just had one cycle so far of taxotere, P and H but I must say… My huge lump I had in my right boob appears significantly reduced already! I hope it continues to shrink and get as good results as some others have said!

I’ve heard that some girls even become NED so I pray that this shrinkage is a good sign! I thought I was imagining it as honestly didn’t think it would shrink as fast! But suppose it came up really quick so maybe it’ll shrink as quick xxx

What does NED mean plz

Sorry!! NED is no evidence of disease :slight_smile:

I read this forum article and it really gave me the boost I needed :slight_smile:

community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/773955