playing on my mind

hi
im a 30yr old mother of 3

a couple of wks ago fount a lump in my armpit were my lymph nodes are at first i just fort must be coming down with something and put it to the back of my mind but last wk it still had not gone down

started to get these weird feeling (not painful)in my breast the side were the lump is so i went to the docs were they checked it out and told me that he was refering me to the breast clinic

my minds doing roller coasters as everywere i looks its all lumps in breast that you feel first and lymph nodes second with no actual help

i know that my appointment which is this friday will hopefully tell me whats what but please is there anyone out there with simular case that could help my mind stop the roller coaster of doom xx

Hello there, so sorry you having to worry your way through this week until your appointment - on here we call it The Waiting Room - its just so hard not knowing what your body is up to. By far the most breast etc lumps -I think it might be about 80% but not totally sure- turn out to be not cancer. So hopefully thats where you are. If not, by far the majority of cancers in the breast are very very treatable. But I guess until you know whats going on for you its just a case of trying to distract yourself between now and Friday - I have to admit I took to shopping and wine - not a good combo for the credit card but there you go - my blue shoes the best outcome!! I really really hope you going to be fine, and if not we are here for you,
bw Nicola

Hi Monkey

There are some very good leaflets for you to read in the Publications section, so take a look. (I’m sure a BCC mod will be along shortly with a link, they’re pretty hot at keeping an eye out for new posters.)

Meanwhile, a bit of advice. DO NOT GOOGLE! You’ll end up scaring yourself witless (been there, done that). Stick to sites like this one, Macmillan, Cancer Research, that kind of thing. There’s lots of nonsense out there that is just plain scary, and often totally wrong.

Get a little notebook and write down any questions you might have, as you think of them. Leave a space to write in the answers too!

Be kind to yourself.

Use the forums as much as you need to, The Waiting Room is the worst place to be.

CM
x

Hi Monkey,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you’ve come to the best place for some good support as your fellow forum users have a wealth of knowledge and experience between them.

As Chocciemuffin has suggested, here’s the link to some of our publications which you may find useful. Also please do you the helpline here, they’re here to support you. Calls to the helpline are free, as are all BCC’s publications.

Referral to a breast clinic:
breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/59/

Your breasts your health:
breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/40/

Hope these help. Take care,
Jo, Facilitator