Please advise

Hi.
Don’t know if you can advise.
I finished all Radio middle of Sept last year.
I had an itchy rash afterwards, small bumps.
All gone now.
I’m a bit concerned, got a red spot on my chest, doesn’t itch or sore, not weeping.
Just wondered if it was one of the bumps come back.
Many thanks.

Hi kar3n

Thanks for posting.

It’s natural to be concerned as nearly everyone who has been treated for cancer worries about it coming back (recurrence)

Spots can occur for many reasons. We are unable to say what it may be due to or if it is associated with the radiotherapy you had last year. Skin reactions following radiotherapy tend to happen soon after treatment rather than a year later.

As this is a new spot, we would suggest you contact your treatment team or GP to get it checked.

Adapting to life after treatment can be difficult and often the need for information and support continues. We have a variety of other support services, which may be of interest to you, both online and face to face. For more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000. If you have hearing or speech difficulties prefix our number with 18001 and the call will go through Relay UK. Our helpline has access to telephone interpreters so if language translation is required you can also call 0808 800 6000

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back .

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Eve

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.