Pleomorphic and Classic LCIS'

So I had my first mammogram in November 2015 which showed a lump, since then i’ve had three ultrsounds an MRI, two needle biopsies and a core biopsy each time I’m told not to worry??? its nothing sinister. At first it was just LCIS’ now after my core biopsy the letter to my doctor says its pleomorphic and classic lcis and I may need post operative radiotherapy. The op to remove is set for 3rd June, I start a new job on the 13th and get married on 24th september, my other half is very supportive but is also terrified as he watched his mum slowley go through cancer so i’ve tried not to show how scared I am. the question is What are pleomorphic LCIS’ 

Hi punkybell, 

I am very sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time, our users are very supportive and I am sure they will be along to share their experiences soon. You can also find more information about LCIShere. 

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to help answer questions you may have about LCIS and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes,

Lizzy