Port pain

Hi, 

I had a port put in on Friday (05/05), and am now 3 days later experiencing pins & needle type sensations on the side that the port was put in. Will this go or should I contact my breast care team?

Dear Gracie,

So sorry to read you have some discomfort, I think it would be a good idea to contact your Breast care team to see if they can help to make you more comfortable.

Wishing you well in the weeks ahead with your treatment and going forward. We have all been there and now we are here for you, keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

best wishes Tili :rainbow: :rainbow:

Hi Gracie1, 

Thanks for posting. 

It’s good to hear that you got the support you needed from the A&E staff. 

Talking to someone who has had a similar experience can be helpful and our Someone Like Me service can arrange for one of our volunteers to talk to you by email or telephone. Our volunteers have had a personal experience of breast cancer and are trained to provide support.   

You can ring the Someone Like Me team on 0345 077 1893 or email them at someone.likeme@breastcancernow.org,so they can then match you to your volunteer.    

We are currently evaluating this service and would appreciate your feedback. Please click here to the survey. It should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.  

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form t** icking the box agreeing to a call back.** 

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.   

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes 

Victoria 

Breast Care Nurse 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy  

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.