Post radiotherapy pain

Hi, I finished two weeks of radiotherapy on my left breast three weeks ago, having had a partial mastectomy in April followed by three months of chemo. I was lucky in that I got through radio with minimal pain and soreness, but today I have started to get stabbing pains behind my breast that feel like indigestion/heartburn, which I know it isn’t. I also started Letrozole two weeks ago. Does anyone else recognise this? Rather confused as to whether it’s from the radio, the Letrozole or whether it’s just a coincidental muscle thing,

1 Like

I had a lumpectomy, chemo, followed by 5 days of radiotherapy. I then started Anastrazole which I’m still on a year later. I had 3 or 4 months of sporadic pain in my breast. Like you I didn’t whether it was the radiotherapy or the aromatase inhibitor. I’m sure now it was the radiotherapy as I’m pretty much back to normal (a bit of Lymphoedema in my breast). I found a more supportive bra helped a bit.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for coming back.

Hi @Plumcat,

Welcome to the forum, we hope you find it a helpful and supportive place. I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through.

Please do have a look through the various boards and topics to find those going through similar experiences or for places you may be able to share your experiences and knowledge.

This is a very supportive place, so please do ask any questions you may have.

All the best,

Alice :heart:

Hello Plumcat,

Welcome to the forum. So sorry you are feeling uncomfortable and anxious at the moment, I feel a lot of the ladies would say they felt the same after surgery, radiotherapy and treatment you’ve been through a lot and now you’re going through a healing process.

I feel maybe a call to your Breast Cancer nurse at the hospital were you attend, please don’t sitting on this have a chat with your nurse for reassurance this will hopefully help you to move forward. I always say one day and a time

Wishing you well, health and happiness with a big hug

Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

Thank you Tili.

Thanks Alice, i do think it’s a brilliant forum.