Post surgery Odema

Hi! I am 5 months post bi lateral masectomy / reconstruction surgery and just finished chemo. Last week I woke up to a hard swollen left boob! It gradually got worse so off ii went to the hospital to be checked, it appears there was some fluid there but not enough to remove and as it wasn’t painful, more tender told to leave it and see what happens over next few weeks. It’s gradually gotten worse and now moved to under my arm too making stretching painful. My question is have any of you lovely ladies experienced this and did the fluid move around in time, should I leave it a bit longer or just get back there?!!! Oh the joys!!! They have been great up until now, get over one hurdle and start the next !!

Hi @tp1, I hope you are having a good week so far. If you’d like to check anything with our team of breast care nurses, please remember we are here and always happy to talk things through. You can post a comment under the Ask our Nurses your questions board, or call the team on freephone 0808 800 6000.

Sending our warmest wishes
Bernard