Post surgery soreness

That is the best way Sue xx I have had a really good day today, the first time I have felt ‘normal’ since my op on July 7th x enjoyed the sunshine x hope you all have managed to get some pleasure from this beautiful day xxx

Hi Bonsai. It was a wonderful day yesterday in the sun. The rain is here in lovely Devon today and I can almost hear the ground gulping in relief! My sister came to look after me for a couple of days and now I’m shattered! Hope you are doing ok today xx

Glad you have all been enjoying the good weather x my really good day was followed by a less good one but hey ho that’s how it goes x just today on the antibiotics thankfully then tomorrow my CT scan x have a good day today everyone :slight_smile:

Is soreness over a week after lumpectomy and snb common? Feels quite tender and I was just thinking it was all improving!! Can’t see any signs of infection.

thanks, Sue

Hi Sue, It is different for everyone but I was sore for quite a while. Are you due your post op check soon? If so talk to the Breast Care Nurse, they are really helpful. If you are concerned you can always ring them. My infection didn’t develop until after my post op check so I saw my GP about it. I think that sometimes we expect our body to heal far too quickly, it takes time to heal internally. Also the warm weather doesn’t help. I still have some soreness dependent on what I wear and do :slight_smile: Hopefully it will settle for you soon xxx I have had a poor day today, hormones up the creek and feeling down x improved by the end of the day :slight_smile: xxx

Hello all. I went off line for a bit, but think I should have followed your lead Lesley and come on here for a bit of an offload. My hormones in a better place, but boob tender still after 2nd op last week. I met with the surgeon again today and also the BC nurse. Very very relieved they now have it all out and with a good clear margin, so I won’t need more surgery. I should get an oncology appointment in the next 10 days and have been told I will definitely be eligible for Oncotype DX test, as benefit of chemo is uncertain. The test will take a couple of weeks for results, as my misbehaving cells are off on a trip to the USA. They won’t be sent off until I have met with oncologist and agreed with him/her that I’ll have it. Will help with decision making and hoping can swerve chemo, as only just started to be mentioned! Radiotherapy and Anastrazole will still be on the cards but not until chemo, if any, is out of the way. Anyway, I hope you’re all doing okay and soreness and infections getting better all the time xxx

Hi Janey, really hope you don’t need chemo, another wait for you, you do seem to have to endure more than your fair share of them!  Though it’s looking more positive for you.  Yes, it’s good to let off steam on here, I get so fed up with saying “I’m fine” to people when I’m really not.  Did go into town today, couldn’t stand another day indoors and it was raining (at last).  Very uncomfortable as poor boob (even without a bra) was chaffing and rash is still bad.  Still, I know it’s going to get worse before it gets better so just got to get on with it.  I’m taking antihistamine tablet for the itch, told himself to make sure he got the drowsy ones (thought they might help me sleep though the flushes) and I actually managed to sleep 2 hours last night before waking up so it worked.  Hope you enjoy your weekend.  Keep in touch and let off steam on here xx

Thanks Lesley, sending you positive vibes for a good night’s sleep tonight and I hope antihistamine works. I think it’s what nytol is and that recommends taking 1/2 an hour before bed, I shall keep fingers crossed for you. Xx

Hi Janey, Sounds like things are going inthe right direction albeit slowly x Lesley - sounds like you are making progress too - at least some sleep :slight_smile: Sue, I hope you managed your sleep :slight_smile: Had my CT scan today and all went well, another planning meeting 31/8 and bone density on 1/9 the radiotherapy starts 5/9 x infection has cleared and just a little uncomfortable at times; hormones up and down, a case of one good day followed by a couple of poor days but manageable. Started some Reiki and that is helping me alongside the more usual treatment :slight_smile: all in all more positive! Also doing some art which is helping me focus elsewhere :slight_smile: xxx have a good weekend everyone xxx

Great you’ve got your dates for rads Bonsai, not long to wait now and once you start them before you know you’re finished.  Glad to hear the reiki is helping xx

That’s great you’ve got your dates Bonsai and Sue hopefully next week you will have your plan too. Today a much better day. pain is lessening and a lovely morning feeling grounded in the garden and kitchen. Pity I can’t send you virtual courgette and damson glut. However, googling courgette cake recipes and how to make damson jelly makes for good distraction and the family are happily eating the results! Hope you are healing more quickly now Lesley and did the antihistamine work? Xx

I love courgettes too and damsons! Sounds a wonderful way to distract yourself with lovely rewards after :slight_smile: I asked my consultant about Reiki and got the go ahead, I really feel it helps x windy and wet here today but feeling good x hope you all have a pain free / itch free weekend :slight_smile:

So far the winner is chocolate courgette cake - if only because it only needs my right arm to do the hard work of mixing! Damson jelly appears to be more work than would be justified! I think reiki probably the healthier option! I have my first appointment at the cancer charity on Tuesday and hoping to book acupuncture. The stress of diagnosis and surgery has definitely increased hot flushes, flashes and insomnia sadly. Today’s positive distraction will be potting on plants, with enlisted left arms of others to lift! Hope you are all looking forward to peaceful days. Xx

Hi Lesley, How have you been since completing your radiotherapy? Not to tired / sore I hope x