Potassium and White Cells

I had my second treatment on Wednesday (injections Fulvestrant). I was OK on Wednesday but from lunchtime yesterday I started feeling awful, pain and sometimes shivers. Last night I was awake quite a bit. Today I am still the same. My blood test did show my Potassium was a bit high also slightly White cells. Not sure if this has got anything to do with how I am feeling. Has anybody else experienced this.
Daffy

Hi there, sorry to hear of your side effects with Fulvestrant. I have stage IV mets breast cancer in liver and I had similar - temps, shivers, hip pain. I was also on Ribociclib tablets at the time then switched to palbociclib (which is not as strong). This treatment (& side-effects which included a lung infection) lasted for 4 months after which I had a scan that showed mixed results regarding the cancer.
I have now been switched to chemo tablets -Capecitabine. I am having less side effects (mainly tiredness & nausea) but no more temps. Due for another scan soon to see if this treatment is working better.
There was no mention of my Potassium or white cells being high while on Fulvestrant. Doctors were more concerned about me getting neutropenia.
I hope you get it sorted soon & find a treatment that suits you to get best results.
Regards,
Carlycat

1 Like

Hi Carlycat20,
Thanks so much for your post. Its so reassuring to know that you have had similar side effects. Yesterday was a really bad day for me, luckily today I am feeling a bit better so am sure tomorrow will be much improved.
So glad to hear that your side effects are a lot better that you are on new treatment.
Take care,
Daffy

1 Like