Pregnancy after treatment

Is there anyone out there who has had a baby after all treaments, not met anyone who is in the same situation as myself, really want children, am hoping this is still possible, Doctors recommending 5 years on Arimidex, don’t really want to wait until i’m 39 for a baby, oncologist has been very understanding may come off after 2 years to try for a baby. Be good to hear anyone else’s story.

Dear lovely

Welcome to the discussion forums, while you are waiting for the other forum members to reply you may find the Breast Cancer Care publication Younger women with breast cancer helpful it can either downloaded from the website via the link breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/bcc_yw06_web2_0.pdf or via the helpline on 0808 800 6000 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, Saturday, 9am - 2pm.

Kind regards
Katie

Hi Lovely

Have just popped on but have to go out now - hubby waiting for me!!! Oops!!

I have had a baby but mine is not a good story - previous posting in Younger Women - Pregnancy after Tamoxifen?

I shall come back on later this evening when I should have more time!!

Best Wishes

Anne xx

I have a friend who was dx at 25 and had mastectomy, rads, chemo (with zoladex) , no tamoxifen though (er -) and she got pregnant naturally as soon as doctors give her all clear.
I am still waiting for my post-mastectomy results, so not sure what further treatments are waiting for me and would like to hear more positive stories too.

Hiya

Also, ‘Younger Women - Will I ever be a Mum’ (currently on page 2)

Will keep popping in

Take care

Anne xx

Hi i’m in the same boat as you.
dx last january aged 28. Was planning on trying for a baby soon after my wedding in five weeks time but obviously that has now gone out of the window.
They told me too that they could bend the rules and I could try after 2 years for a baby, but I believe that rules are there not to be broken so will be going the full 5 years on Tamoxifen and then going at it hammer and tongs.

There are so many what ifs and questions to ask yourself.

Good luck with your decision
xxx

Thanks for your comments, really good to hear that their are some good positive stories out there, feel even if i wait for 5 years on arimidex, I may still go through the menopause before that or in 5 years, lots of thinking to do, weighing up the pros & cons of if I come off of arimidex and if it should come back in that 5 years aswell, I may always think should I have come off it to risk my life for a baby I may not see or help bring up!!!

Hi Lovely, I have 2 friends who have had natural pregnancies in their late thirties after chemo. Not sure if they had any hormone therapy though. Its your choice if you stop hormone therapy dont let your onc or anyone else bully you into staying on it . You may be able to go back on it after you have a baby.
Good luck to you, love Andrea x