Pregnancy break

So I’m allowed a break , after 2 years, that was the plan 2 years ago, I’m planning on end of year.

Tumor was removed had all stuff chemo / radio.
Started ovarian suppression march 22 2 months after surgery was removed, tried the aromatase inhibitors after treatment ,none made me feel good , awful side effects had to stop them, so been on tamoxifen for nearly 8 Months ,plus the ovarian suppression still.
I’m struggling to get my head around babies :woozy_face:
I would like a child, how the hell am I going to have one ,I’m still struggling with fatigue 2 years on,still a mess emotionally.
My partner is turning 41 this year, I’m 39 this year.
I don’t know how safe anything is.
Regarding hormone,

I don’t get how they say yes to having a baby when they wanted to stop my hormones in the first place.
I understand this positive study trial.
I’m literally terrified of having a baby, is it even fair to put cancer on a child , and suffer more then what I am now.
What if my cancer comes back from pregnancy,what if it comes back incurable.
There was no spread, I was stage 1 but Im guessing that don’t matter,it can come back incurable.
Will I cope.
My partner wants kids, I want to to, I just have so many concerns, worries!
He’s not open to any other options, like adoption.
He has his own mental health problems.
The whole thing is a mess.
I didn’t freeze my eggs,
From what I’m reading, if your higher on estrogen I’m 7/8 then it’s not safe anyway.
Where does that even leave me regarding kids when I’m so high on estrogen.

2 Likes

Hi @Be, you sound like you’re going through a lot.
I hope you find the forum helpful to read through other people’s experiences.
If at any point you’d like to chat to our team of breast care nurses, you can call us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm).
Or you can leave a message in the Ask Our Nurses board directly on the forum.
Sending our warmest wishes
Bernard

Hi @Be , sounds like something you could do with some professional advice about sooner rather than later .Maybe request an appointment with your oncologist to talk through the risks and get the facts for your own individual situation .maybe after that you and your partner could do with a session with a counsellor to talk about the situation as it doesn’t sound like he fully grasps what a difficult position you are in . You could also post in the Younger women section of the forum .
You could also ring the nurses helpline here to talk this through as Bernard has suggested , it might help to talk to someone totally removed from the situation ? I hope you come to a decision you feel comfortable with .

1 Like

Thanks, all we’ve I’ve ever been told is there’s a risk, but what risk ,.
Am I actually choosing that I will give myself incurable cancer if I get pregnant, or am I not .
I don’t quite understand anything myself to be honest.
I think he knows it’s dangerous too, but he’s an internal optimist so to him it’s like it might not come back .
It can come back on the pills anyway.
I got an appointment in march I think

1 Like

Sounds like you really need that appointment to talk this through , is your appointment with the oncologist ? Maybe you could flag up in advance that this is a subject you would like to discuss ?