Pregnant and worried

Hi, I had a mastectomy and SNB in January after diagnosis in October 2019. Was told to start tamoxifen this month. 

me and my partner were trying for a baby before diagnosis and were devastated when diagnosed and then being told to be on tamoxifen for 2 years before considering pregnancy.

Last month when I was given the all clear we decided to just go ahead and try for a baby, a few days after that I felt so guilty that I had gone against the risk of not being on tamoxifen for 2 years first and we decided to wait. Today I found out I’m pregnant and I don’t know what to do  my heads all I’ve the place and I feel so guilty.

Has anyone had experience of getting pregnant and not taking tamoxifen ? 

I had 4 Tumours grade 1 and no nodes effected.

thanks for reading 

x

Lilly ,I’m sorry your lovely news is tinged with anxiety .Lots of us have been in the position of making the decision to not take Tamoxifen for a variety of health and other reasons at some point  and without the benefit of a crystal ball we can never know how much of a gamble that it is .Can you contact your breast care team and ask to discuss the risks  in more detail maybe this will give you some re-assurance ? Jill x

It’s so controversial situation. Anyway, my congratulations! I think in this situation you need to have a consultation with your doctor and clarify all the effects. 
I wish you all the best!

Me and my partner was also struggle the same but I’m brave enough to take the risk. Keep us posted please! Take Care!