Private scans

hi I have just finished treatment for a primary breast cancer apart from tamoxifen does any one pay or know where to go to get annual ct scans or the like .  Have found out bupa would do a scan ct if I payed for it I don’t mind this but wondered what other people’s opinions are regarding extra scans

Hi Kazglass, 

I am sure some of our users will be along soon to offer some advice on private scans. You may also want to look at and try posting in a thread that has already been started regarding private scans. You can find this here.

We also have a support line at 0808 800 6000 who can take to you about extra private scans and offer you a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

Hi, did you have your treatment privately? If so, then your oncologist can request one. I had one during my chemo as my liver functions were a bit raised and he has requested one in April which is 2 years from first surgery.

michelle

Re scans, pls be aware of exposure to radiation , as your onc why scans have not been recommended for your case. All medical interventions bring their own risks. Am sure private medicine would underline and explain all factors.
Good luck gaining peace of mind.
LL xx