Question about biopsy

Hello again, wonderful ladies:

I wrote some months ago about my mother’s breast cancer diagnosis. Finally, she is having surgery next Tuesday and I would like to make one last question.

Pre-surgery biopsy said that her cancer is not aggressive at all, but could everything change after surgery? I mean: after the “big biopsy” it could be, for example, very aggressive or something like that?

I suffer general anxiety and I need to “stop my mind” so badly. If you could answer it, I would be very grateful :heart:

1 Like

It could change and frequently does. There is no way to predict whether it will or not. As far as how to stop your mind, if the anxiety is overwhelming, therapy is a good step. We wish your mother the best of luck!

2 Likes

I can understand your fear and anxiety as it’s only natural that you fear the worst plus the waiting doesn’t help. I was diagnosed DCIS Intermediate grade wide spread , had to have mastectomy as it was wide spread, results after mastectomy showed up high grade also. That was 5yrs ago ,initially I worried about if it would come back or not. Hope all goes well for your Mum.

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :heart: