Radial scars

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed with radial scars in 2017 at age 24. I had a lumpectomy to remove them. In 2022 I had a follow up as I was suffering severe pain at the incision site. They did another surgery and said it was due to traumatic neuromas. Said it was common for nerve ending to get damaged in surgery. Now end of 2023 the pain is back. I can barely wear clothing due to it. The current pain is like an intense bruise and any form of touch hurts. Accompanied to this I will get short electric shocks radiating from the incision scar across the breast.
I am scheduled a mammogram as well as a diagnostic ultrasound for next week. I am now 30 and everything I’ve read online is saying radial scars at this age group have an increase into leading into cancer. I am doing my best to stay positive but trying to prepare for the worst.

Wondering if anyone else here has a history of reoccurring issues due to radial scars or a history of RS turning cancerous?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @marinewife,

Firstly, welcome to the forum - it’s a really supportive place and so I hope you find it comforting and useful. I’m sorry no one has replied to you yet, but I’m sure someone will share their experience with you soon.

In the meantime please know you can contact our nurses on our helpline 0808 800 6000 and they’ll try to answer any questions you have or just be a listening and reassuring ear.

Wishing you all the best for your mammogram next week, I truly hope you get the results you are looking for :heart:

1 Like

Update:

I had my mammogram and ultrasound today. The area of pain around my scar came back normal with just scar tissue. They believe the pain is nerve related. They did find 2 new masses on the same breast measuring 12x8 assuming they mean mm. These developed in little over a year. Going back in just over a week for biopsy.