Radiotherapy - has the correct area been targeted?

Hi all

I had 15 days of radiotherapy to chest wall and to lymph nodes. I was wondering if anyone else in this situation experienced a bad rash and itchiness and mild burns on chest wall but absolutely no symptoms at all in the underarm area. I have asked and received a vague answer that it was all treated. But I have niggling doubts as to whether the underarm was treated at all.

Look forward to your replies.

1 Like

Im the same. Juat have an itchy rash on chest wall. Nothing anywhere else.

1 Like

Did you not have the dots to show the area that will be treated ?

Thanks Clare80, that’s reassuring.
Thank you for replying
Xx

No they didn’t do that, didn’t need any marker pen xxx

Hi hoping someone on this thread can help, I am due to have radiotherapy to my left boob, chest and up to my chin ( lymph node involvement), so in the planning stage I received 4 tattoos, 2 on the chest wall and 2 in SN lobe area. It was a rather strange planning scan, as initally they had the bed set up for someone of around 5ft (Im just short of 5ft8"), so the bed had to be altered whilst I was laid down. I then couldnt breathe and hold because my chin was being pressed into my chest, so I was told I couldnt have the radiotherapy with rhe breathing technique, I tried to explain that I could hold my breathe, but they wouldnt listen.