Radiotherapy - NHS or Private?

Hi there

Glad you’ve sorted something out. What did the wait turn out to be for Brighton? I am being referred so very curious to know and may have to look elsewhere like you.
Elinda x

Hi I spoke to someone at the Nuffield in Brighton, they said 8-10 weeks - doesn’t matter if you’re private or NHS because they share the same equipment.

The place in London is the HCA Healthcare group, who said they can start within 10 days, though they only treat private patients I think.

I still don’t have definite dates for radiotherapy, but today they said I am “very provisionally” booked to start on 15th December, and will keep having breaks over Christmas and New Year. It will be 12 weeks after my surgery and I find that extremely worrying. The NICE guidelines are for 4 weeks, ideally.

I am sure it varies in different parts of the country. The hospital said they are extremely busy at present. What is annoying is that I was told there is a local BUPA hospital which could do it sooner. Wouldn’t it be nice if the NHS would pay to use their facilities when they cannot cope?

Has anyone else had to wait that long, for no reason other than the NHS waiting list?

Does anyone know how much it costs to pay for radiotherapy privately?

Love Ann x