RANCID MOUTH

JULIE58

HI EVERTYONE HAVNT POSTED BEFORE SO BEAR WITH ME PLEASE.

JUST WONDERED HAD MY OP IN FEB FOLLOWED BY 4EPI and 4 CMF HAVE JUST COMPLETED 15 RADS AND THOUGHT BY NOW ALL HORRIBLE DISCUSTING
TASTE IN MOUTH WOULD HAVE GONE ! WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH THICKISH WHITE PASTE COVERING TONGUE, FOOD STILL DOSNT TASTE HOW IT SHOULD ALTHOUGH IT IS A BIT BETTER WITH SOME THINGS WHILST EATING ,AFTERWARDS TASTES HORRIBLE WONDERED AM I ODD ? i HAVE TO CHEW CHEWING GUM ALL DAY EVERY DAY AS SOON AS I TAKE IT OUT MY MOUTH COMPLETELY DRIES UP I FINISHED CHEMO BEG OCT !! WONDERIN IF ITS EVER GOING TO GO
ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THE SAME ?

Hi Julie
I have a had a sore dry mouth since June, but i’d finished my rads months before but i never had to have chemo. So i hav’nt been sure what the cause is. (it drives me mad!!)
GP or dentist does’nt seem to no no what to do, but i’m thinking of asking for a referal as its a constant discomfort.

Jo

Hi Julie,

Someone else and me have answered your post on another thread you have posted on re the possibility of you having thrush and other suggestions, perhaps you want to look there, xxx

Hi jojo i sympathise with you entirely. I feel like a right winger but I’m so fed up with it cant enjoy eating or drinking anything apart from fruit thats so refreshing but as soon as its finished dry horrid taste comes back. Will have to talk to Onc. mine deff related to chemo tho cant think what might be causing yours and would deff ask for a referral hope you get on ok.

take care and thanx julie xx

HI Ostrich

Will do that thanx just wasnt sure where to post being a beginner !

JULIE xx

Hi Julie

Hope your Onc can help, people still tell me its connected to rads. Who knows!!! Just want some help…
Hope you get some resolve.
Take care
Jo
xx