re feelings

Feeling emotional today ,partner says i am pushing him away ,do not realise i am doing it  ,feel i cannot do any thing right  ,am also sore today .

Dear trish

I am sorry you are feeling this way.  You might find it helps to talk things over with one of our Helpliners when they open again tomorrow.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hello Trish,

I  am sorry that you are feeling this way. It is difficult for partners to understand how a diagnosis and treatment of BC can affect us. Maybe if you download this booklet:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/in_it_together.pdf

and read it with your partner, share your feeling with him, it might go a small way  to helping you communicate and feel close again. He may be feeling just as scared  as you are, and feel helpless because he can’t protect you from it.

Take care

poemsgalore xx

Im feeling weird today too. Two people asking me if I’m having a mastectomy…even after I said I didn’t wanna go over the details. Made me quite angry. One is a good friend but she is a gossip and I know she would tell people. The other is my ex who thinks he has a right to know!?! Because we have kids together!!!

Nosiness disguised as concern.

I must say ive got all sorts of ‘so called friends’ coming out of the woodwork! I live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone and I can tell by the look on peoples faces that there is gossiping…sad really! Its true what they say you certainly find out who your true friends are…ive had friends cross the road to avoid talking to me and some older friends that I didnt think would be bothered being very sincere! People act in funny ways…im pleased to say its brought me and my husband even closer but we have sat and talked through everything together and when ive needed space he has understood and left me to it! 

Ive also have ot the dreaded ex that thinks he has the right to know everything as we have s child together :-/

((((Hugs))))

I have started keeping a diary  , and have read the booklets given to me from the breast cancer nurse  ,but still scared  , trying not to cry in front of my daughter ,I know i have a fight ahead of me , but people i thought would be there for me are not  ,and that includes some family that ,i helped out  ,as they needed it  .  I would be there to help anyone  , but feel i now only have a feww ro rely on …xx