Reaction to Carboplatin

Hi, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative BC in January, I started weekly treatment of Paclitaxel & Carboplatin, and pembrolizium.
I had a bad reaction to the paclitaxel on my 1st round and had to stop. Since then (7 rounds in) I have premeds; anti-sickness, steroid, IV paracetamol & Piriton, prior to Nab-paclitaxel & Carboplatin (pembro is every 3 weeks)
Today I had a bad reaction to the Carboplatin and had to stop, the critical care team were called and I’ve had lots of meds and adrenalin, I’m feeling ok(ish) again now.
I’m seeing my oncologist on Tuesday, my nurse recommended I stop Carboplatin.

I’m quite anxious about my next treatment, has anyone else had bad reactions?

I had triple negative treatment was ok for me sorry I can’t say wot other treatment is like. I did have a seizure from the steroids so had to have them lowered. I hope Ur other treatment works for you good luck with everything xx

Hi. I was diagnosed with tnbc in March 2023. I had nothing in the breast, just a lump in the left armpit. Scan showed suspicious nodules in the lungs. So I was put on to secondary treatment which Nab-paclitaxel and Atezolisumab in June. By September it was decided that the long nodules were probably benign, so my diagnosis was changed to primary. However I stayed on that chemo immuno regime as I was responding well. I now have only a small amount of cancer remaining in two lymph nodes and will be having surgery soon. Don’t know if my drug combination will be any good for you. However I didn’t have any unmanageable side effects. :slightly_smiling_face: