Recommendations for Compression Vests Please

Hi there.

I finished my radiotherapy 8 weeks ago and still have some swelling in my breast. The physio thinks its most likely odema linked to treatment rather than breast lymphedema but want to do everything I can to help it. I didn’t wear a bra at all for a few weeks to help my skin heal and think that exacerbated things. I did have a haematoma post surgery (WLE on Halloween) and I know I have a small seroma near my scar now. I am wearing a decent bra during the day although think I should be wearing a sports bra more but it is nighttime I am also concerned with. Physio just said to wear a camisole or stretchy top (which I am doing) but have heard compression vests are good too. Can anyone recommend one? Is there somewhere you can get ‘fitted’? I am slim and about a size 10. Sometimes 8 to 10. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve not had a compression vest, but have tried the leggings. Skins, under armour and 2x (i think) are very good. If you have a decent gym shop near you go and try some on. You may find it feels like a wrestling match getting the garment on or off!

Alternatively get them online a couple of differnt sizes and try at home.

I’d also recommend you try the sweaty betty sports bras. I’m petite size 10 and wear them for yoga and pilates. They provide support without the the constriction you might feel from a compression top, come in lots of great colours and can be worn under a t shirt, long sleeved top during the day.

Thank you. Might nip to Under Armour. I will have a look at Sweaty Betty too as I do pilates so will help for that xxx

Have you looked at Macom medical they do compression sleeves, I used the compression bras after my surgery and found them very good

X

Thank you. Not heard of them so will look them up too. My sports bra is best thing so far but only got one. Need some more to add to the growing pile for my growing/shrinking (can’t make its mind up!) boob! Xx

The surgery bra is very good as it’s just band size and not cup, it adjusts to you

X

1 Like