Reconstruction all gone wrong!

Hi Naz

It’s totally rubbish, isn’t it! And to feel so unhappy is the pits. Perhaps you will get some response re the complaint but I would not hold my breath if I was you. I feel your pain and you should not have to be in this position, recon gone wrong is almost as bad as losing the breast, in some ways worse cos the hope of a good outcome starts to feel less likely. But it’s happened and honey, you need to really focus your energy and push for the best recon option available to you.

Sending love

Jane x

Thanks Jane

Had a down in the dumps week this week. Think i underestimated how much it has affected me. God i hated the ‘breast’ without the nipple, now i have to face the fact that i am not going to even get a nipple unless they operate on me all over again…how can this be???

It is total rubbish! :frowning:

Naz gonna PM you

Got a meeting with the surgeon on Monday to discuss my complaint! STRESSED!

Good luck with your meeting with the surgeon Naz. If he discusses the complaint fairly, fine, ask him to recommend what can be done to put it right - and the name of a good surgeon. But if he starts wittering about the risks were explained to you etc, then ask him ‘what would you think if someone had done this to your wife?’ I’ve started taking this tack with my (female oncologist) who is, to put it politely, detached. Now I say, ‘if it was you, what would you do?’ etc. You’re not just part of a caseload, you are a person with valid feelings.

Sorry I can’t make it all better but I really hope there is a plastic surgeon out there who can.

Thanks Nottsgal.

I have already been put in touch with a plastic surgeon, who can hopefully put things right for me.

I also have a set of very ‘tight’ questions for him (no room to escape and be evasive!)

Just wish i didn’t have to go through this.

No, you don’t deserve this on top of BC.

I hope all goes well for you.

Hi all

Me again!

I had a meeting with my breast surgeon yesterday, regarding my letter of complaint.
He was of the opinion that skin thinning is a very common occurance with tissue expander recon. He said i was unlucky that mine had thinned too much!
Now he is talking about lipofill as a possibility? He referred me to a ps at another hospital back in April , and this man said i would need LD flap as my skin is too thin to do grafting for the nipple recon (which is what i initially went to see him for!)
My original bs does not see what the big deal is and basically has said that these things happen! But also says that i do not necesarily need the LD flap .

So my next step is to have another conversation with the ps at the new hospital and see what he makes of the original bs’s comments.

I red this discussion. I can not keep quiet anymore. I would like to tell my opinion and expierence.Maybe for somebody this will help to decide.I had been breast cancer - stage 2b. My breast surgeron sed that I can to decide to do mastectomy or to do just lumpectomy. My hasband also is breast surgeron - after I discuss this with him. He sed - no lupmectomy! I thought - all right he knows what do. After mastectomy - when I started to think about reconstruction - he did not allow to do.What I wanted to tell - never ask for doctor what you will do if something like that will happen to your wife. At this moment doctor never can to be objective. And what else - my husband put on table lots of different reserches. I was very influenced and therefore have waived (refused) the reconstruction at least for now.
Sorry for my language - english is my third language.

My skin is also thin I feel like I’ve been the guinea pig be year 2000 I opted for mastectomy 1st stage cancer and reconstruction had 4 implants and 3 reconstruction bags in one that was in for 4 years with no saline as to small. I was 38 when all this started I’m now 55 had 3 relationships who have treat me like a freak it goes on and on but I’m treat like the liar still not right I’m not the consultant he was got nothing to look forward to just wrecked my life family friends all added to it even my kids I’ve 2 friends there my dogs and that’s the truthx