Reconstruction and relationships

Anyone had a double mastectomy with reconstruction and having relationship problems ie. partner unable to come to terms with “new breasts having no sensation”?

Hi, I had a bilateral mastectomy in march with LD reconstruction, it took me a long time to look at the reconstruction, hubby was great, its been me with the problem of the visual image and the loss of sensation, it feels like a no go area now, it will take time, I have got to have a fat transfer op as the muscle in the breasts have shrunk and then the nipple reconstruction so maybe will feel alot better then.

<Empty imported post>

Hi there
I had a single mastectomy two and a half years ago and had the last part of an LD flap at the end of January.
I am having a hard time comng to terms with the ‘new breast’ mainly due to all the scarring and loss and no sensation.
My OH although understanding, does not quite get how i feel about it, although he seems far more accepting of it, now that shape is visible - but that is all it is, a shape…
It is going to take a long time to accept it i think…

Naz x

<Empty imported post>

Hi girls, It has been a long long time since I had my mastectomy with LD flap and implant. That was in 1989 when I was 39. My husband was very supportive and I was lucky to be happy with the outcome, how it looked. Still no real sensation even now but I have grown to accept it. I know it is hard for you all. People who have not had a mastectomy really do not understand how we feel and how it can mess up out heads for all sorts of reasons. Just to say I wish you all well and that things will get better for you all and your partners as well over time. Val