Reconstruction delayed

Hi, 

I had a mastectomy with temporary implant last May and was told I wouldn’t be able to have permanent surgery until after I finished radiotherapy (August). I met with the plastic surgeon yesterday about a Diep and was told they have no idea on waiting lists but it could be up to a few years! 
Has anybody experienced having a Diep privately, I know it would be very costly. Or does anybody have more of an idea about how to find out about waiting lists? 
Im finding it very stressful as the temporary implant is a big difference in size to my other breast and it’s capsulated post radiotherapy too. 
thanks! 

Good morning Bascoe,

What a shame you are finding yourself in this totally unacceptable position, I think you need more clarification to the waiting time this is totally unfair to you after what you have already been through to tell you that you have possibly years ahead before they can complete your surgery.

Maybe, contact your breast cancer nurse or your GP for more help, before going down the private root as you said this could be very costly, however I understand exactly where you’re coming from as you are probably a bit uncomfortable and would  just like to get closure.and complete your treatment.

Thinking of you, wishing you well for a good outcome, please come back at let us know how you are doing.

hugs Tili :rainbow: :rainbow: