Reconstruction using back tissue

I am considering having reconstruction using tissue from my back i would have preferred to use my stomach but that isn’t possible for me. Does anybody have experience of this surgery. How did you find the results, time in hospital abd recovery time etc xx

2 Likes

Happy Saturday Tricia,

So pleased you’ve come to the forum, Firstly, can I ask why you decided to have a back reconstruction and not fat from the tummy ?. I had muscle taken from my back to reconstruct unfortunately with lots of problems, but this could be just me. I feel that you should find out as much information as possible about this. My recovery time was quite long due to an infection however hopefully this won’t be the case for you I’m not sounding very positive about all this at the moment.

For me at the time, my consultant was quite keen for me to have this surgery. Don’t quote me on this, but I understand that Guys Hospital in London have opt out of this surgery.

Wishing you well, go forward please let us know how you’re doing. So sorry I couldn’t be more helpful to you. Hopefully someone else may come onto the forum with more information

Hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

2 Likes

I had an immediate LD flap reconstruction just over 12 months ago . Like you, it was not possible to use stomach tissue. I have been really pleased with the result. I did not want an implant and fortunately one was not needed. I had an ‘uplift’ of the other Breast at the same time. I was in hospital for 7 days, no real problems, I just think that the surgeon was being cautious as I am carer for my husband… we had support from friends and family when I got home and I was driving and walking the dog 4 weeks after surgery. I hope all goes well for you, whatever you decide. I’m 75.

2 Likes

Thanks for your replies . I am unable to use my stomach for the reconstruction because i have a vertical c section scar which was used again for my second child and a lot of internal scar tissue x

1 Like