Recurrence in Chest Wall 1 year after Mastectomy

Hiya, I saw my consultant on wednesday-he is happy with the surgery so next step is to meet with an oncologist to arrange radiotherapy.We also need to sort out changing tamoxifen (it hasn’t worked for me) but because I’m pre-menopause I don’t think there’s many options.Maybe injections to shut down ovaries/hysterectomy-these are things I’ll need to discuss with oncologist before deciding whats best for me.It’s all go ? How are things with you?Hope it’s healing well with you xxxxx

Hello. That’s great news about the surgery and sounds like you won’t need chemo.? I’ve been today and my surgery went well.she said I won’t benefit with chemo so I 've got to have radiotherapy and my hormone treatment is anastrazole because I’m post menopause. I had tamaxofin first time round and zoladex monthly injections for 2 years which shut down my ovaries which sounds like what you might be offered. It is all go at the minute but hopefully we are on the right track.I’ve healed really well although she didn’t take my drain out as my output is a bit too much so got to go back next week. I hope your meeting with onc goes well and you sort out best options for you. Take care ?? xx

Hiya, how are you getting on?I saw my consultant yesterday-they have now decided to give me chemo ? meeting oncologist on the 6th of september and chemo will start a few weeks after that.I will also have radiotherapy once chemo is finished.Hope you are feeling well xxxx

Hello so sorry you will need chemo? I’m gutted for you. Maybe chemo will be the best option for you as the injections they mentioned only shut down your ovaries while you are having them for 2 years and with you being young your oncologist probably thinks you would benefit from chemo. You have come this far and im sure you will get through the chemo.?? Think positive… that the chemo and radiotherapy treatment will prevent this horrible disease from returning once and for all.theres forums on here about going through treatment go on them and get advice it will help you to know your not alone… stay strong you will get through this??
I’m doing ok thanks…finally had drain out after 3 weeks. Got dexa scan next week and planning scan for radiotherapy which should start October. Stay strong and take care.Jo xxxx

Hello Rhi32
How are you getting on. Have you saw oncologist yet. Take care Jo.xxx

Hiya,
I saw the oncologist today.Will begin chemo in a few weeks.I’m having 8 cycles, each cycle is 3 weeks, so won’t finish chemo until march ? How is everything with you? x

Oh no? that seems a long time but hopefully time will pass quickly for you. You will get through it?? and I’m sure you will meet others while having treatment and all get through it together. It must be a lot for you to take in though but stay positive? Don’t forget the forum on here Going through treatment it might help you.xx
I’m ok thanks had to go back last week had a build up of fluid and had to have It drained. Should start radiotherapy in about 3 weeks.
Take care sending lots of love and hugs Jo xxx

Hello Rhi. How are you getting on.have you started your chemo yet. If so hope your coping.Jo xxx?