Recurrence

I was diagnosed with BC in  Nov. 2011. Had lumpectomy but tumour was larger than expected so had MX two weeks later. This was followed by chemo and rads and all went well and I returned to work in July 2012.

I experienced some underarm soreness but  Dr said this was OK at first review. Soreness persisted on and off and consultant brought second review forward and said it was my latissimus dorsi muscle causing the problem. Again I was reassured.

However in late May/early June this year I noticed a small lump in my scar line and once again went to see the consultant. He removed the lump which was cancer again. He referred me to the oncologist and organised bone scans and a CT scan. The ocncologist told me that my bone scan was clear but there were white flecks in my lungs on the CT.  At a Dr’s meeting it was decided that the  flecks were due to scarring from childhood illnesses so the onc. wanted me to have some more rads.

Before the rads I went on holiday and found another small lump under my scar and again it was removed and again it was cancer.  There were also some small visible spots on the skin above my scar which they thought was more cancer,

So it was back to the onc. who started rads straight away and wants to see me again in two weeks to discuss chemo. was on EC last time and it will be Docetaxel this time.

Rads have finished and the spots look much better now and I have been feeling more comfortable than I have in ages. Today however I am sore and therefore down in the dumps. I am scared that …Iam scared of evrything . it is while since I felt like this and I am trying to be positive. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Hi Miss Brahms

I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator