Recurring breast cancer

Hi There,

Looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience as me. I was first diagnosed in 2011, then in 2015 and just recently again in 2023. I am waiting for surgery hopefully in June. The diagnoses has knocked me for six this time and I do not know a lot about recurring cancer. I have received various treatments over the years and medications but this time round the cancer is on my scar tissue. Hope someone can give some advice.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum . Sorry you are having to ride this rodeo again . I’m sure there are other people on the forum who’ve had multiple reoccurrences , hopefully one of them will see your post . Best wishes Jill .

1 Like

Dear Tapum,

Some of us have been there twice however, three times is totally unfair. My heart goes out to you. I have been there twice and that was more than enough. Can understand you don’t know whether you’re on your head or your heels at the moment. I wish I could advise you more. I would say one day at a time. Look after yourself and try and build up for your surgery in June.

Wishing you well going forward, maybe that special friend will be around for a chat, and a cup of tea.

biggest hugs brave lady.     Tili :rainbow: :rainbow:

I’m so sorry you are going through this again, it doesn’t seem fair. I’m not sure I can offer anything specific but will explain what I experienced and my treatment, Iam stage 4 her+ but had been stable for 7 years when I developed a resurgence in the scar tissue in my breast. I hadn’t had a mastectomy previously so they performed that and took the lymph nodes. They changed my hormone tablets to prevent any further development in the breast. I remain on the same treatment of herceptin and pertusamab every 3 weeks. I had a CT scan yesterday and will see my oncologist is the next few weeks. I cannot say if it’s under control yet, butI hope so.
Wishing you very best wishes x