Removal of lump under scar

Removal of lump under scar

Removal of lump under scar Hi
Now feeling sorry for myself. Had lump and muscle removed today under local anaesthetic and sent for further analysis. Now having to wait until a week on Wednesday to find out what happens next. Paracetemol just doesn’t seem to do the trick will need to get something stronger tomorrow.
I only wish they would talk to you and let you know what their thoughts are. After surgery the surgeon disappeared and it was only the nursing staff left and they could not give me any information but I suppose they have to do all the investigations first before they make any decision about treatment required but it is so frustrating waiting. The stress and worry certainly takes it toll on you.

Maddy

Hi Maddy,

Waiting is really the pitts isnt it ? I dont think there is anything worse, except maybe the disease itself. Hang in there, you might feel alone, but there are a lot of us out here thinking about you and empathising with you. I really hope some good news comes with your results.

hugs
Lesleydonna

sending thoughts and hugs to you.The waiting is awful but time will pass.Awake thinking when everyone else fast aslleep was always my worst time-felt so alone-but here we all understand .hugs sharon x

Thank you Lesleydonna
You are right there about waiting is the pitts. Thank you for your good wishes and hugs - need them.

Maddy

Night time is the worst! Thank you Sharon for your kind thoughts. I know that I become really selfish indulging myself in self pity but sometimes it is hard to keep up that strong front and it is good to share with others who have this special understanding.

Maddy x

Lump and muscle… Dear maddy read your post and hadnt caught you before so was pleased to see youre in glasgow ! Im not far from the city,so sorry that youve got so much pain,i had my 1st bc 10 yrs ago feb 14th,my husband left me as i was no longer a proper female ,having the one boob.What a pig .Luckily met my new husband who accepted me for being me.Then I found a lump like you on the scar area ,I was devastated and my poor husband never dreamt it would return.Dont you worry that you are feeling down,you are only at the start of recovery and need time to get back on your feet.I was interested that you had muscle taken as im sure i didnt.I found that having 2 scars cheesed me off and I seem to have a fatty area under my arm which often happens they said.How did you cope with Rads,I went to gartnavel & they were so helpful,but it burnt me so much and had it dressed quite often.The skin was falling off,how was yours?When I had the lump removed I was given extremely strong pain killers that sent me to sleep!!!At least that stopped me talking my husband wickedly said.Are you waiting to hav ct & body scans ?as i had those to see if it had spread.Good luck,would love to hear your news,havent got anyone nearby with same bc history.Best wishes ,and pamper yourself,youve been v brave.xDeb

Thank you Thanks for your reply and good wishes. I am going this Wednesday to find out results and next steps.
I too have fatty area under my arm which is a nuisance when wearing a bra as it overhangs.
Hope you are now recovering well from Rads. Will let you know how I get on.
Maddy x

The waiting Hi Maddy,

Thank you for you kind words under my entry, its lovely to hear from othere people, and we all need support, somedays more than others.

good luck for your results tomorrow, i’m off to get mine on thursday. i know it will be radiotherapy but need to know if im off for chemo again, and the margins and all that stuff… sounds like gobbldegook to anyone else…! The appt isnt till 3.30pm… talk about torture!!

My thoughts will be with you xx

I had a small tumour under the mastectomy scar as well, about the size of a large pea after 8 years on that side. I had it removed under local anaesthetic which wasn’t too bad but when I went back for the post op checkup a week later they told me to come to the hospital to meet the surgeon there which I thought was a bit oddbut didn’t really worry,. When I got there they told me I needed further excision as I didn’t have clear margins and took more tissue and some of the chest wall muscle. I now also have two scars and overhangy fat where the bra starts under the arm. I have finished 30 sessions of radiation on January 16th and was badly burned but all is healed and the skin is normal again, finally. I am finding I am really tired all the time which I wasn’t during rads.

Wendy 2122 Hope it went ok for you on Thursday. Hope you do not have to have chemo again.
The lump they removed was not malignant - they gave me some fancy name but I was totally relieved.
They are now investigating why the biopsy showed up the rogue cells which was strange considering it was taken from the lump they removed.
I know how you feel about the waiting - that is the worst part.

Thinking of you.

Maddy x

Esther Sorry that I did not post sooner. You have gone through such a lot no wonder you are tired. It must feel as if you have run a marathon. I do hope that you are feeling a little stronger. I hope you are spoiling yourself - you deserve it.

Maddy x

Outcome The lump they removed, to my great relief was not cancerous, but they are now investigating why the original biopsy showed up rogue cells. I am just confused with it all. They are going to discuss it at their next meeting on Tuesday so will know more then.
You have been through so much. I do so hope that your scans do not show that it has spread.
I am so glad you have that wonderful husband of yours that is so supportive especially with what you have gone through and going through.

Maddy x