Results day, phew

Today was the appointment with my surgeon for the the results from my WLE and SLNB and to be honest I was numb. The best news, tumour removed with clear edges and nothing in the lymph nodes. I know in a few days I’ll be dancing on the ceiling, right now I don’t know where I am. On to radiotherapy and possibly other treatments but it is starting to sink in that I have kicked cancers butt. I am so blessed. Sending everyone out there a massive hug and positive thoughts for good results. Thank you everyone for being there and for the support.

22 Likes

Dear Nannabee,

What a joy, to read your post fingers crossed going forward for an excellent outcome with your treatment. I know the through of radiotherapy should you need it can be very upsetting, but I feel sure you will cope and find it very doable……however one day at a time at the moment.

Wishing you, lots of luck, with your journey going forward. Health and happiness ahead.

With the biggest hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

1 Like

It’s wonderful news nannabee . I was lucky enough to be clear as well and it was as though I had so many emotions I didn’t really know what to feel first - it took a few hours to sink in then it was champagne ( not the real stuff but very nice ) down the harbour with my friends on one of their boats. Luckily it was a lovely day so we could sit out on deck. It’s important to do something nice to mark the occasion if you can , take a breath before you move on to the next stage.

Congratulations again :blush: xx

2 Likes

@Tili and @JoanneN - thank you both so much. Joanne delighted for you too, I will be celebrating on Sunday when we are out for lunch for Mother’s Day as well. Radiotherapy sounds scarey but I’ll do anything and everything to make sure I’ve well and truly kicked it out. Stay well xxx

2 Likes

So uplifting to read your post. That’s great news, so pleased for you. I remember that feeling too when they told me I was going to be okay after my mastectomy with no lymph or vascular spread. Prepare yourself for a wave of emotions, happiness, relief, but weirdly guilt too as there are always people worse off with poorer outcomes and our hearts go out to them always.

We can do this BC thing. Two years on my life is pretty well back to normal and you’ll be the same. I’m on hormone therapy and tolerate it quite well so I just get on with life. It changes us, but there is life and good times afterwards. Go out and celebrate :heart:

2 Likes

We’re so glad you got the news you wanted @nannabee, take as much time as you need to process! Sending so much love :heart:

1 Like

Dear nannabee

Thank you for sharing your good news, sending you positive thoughts and wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Congratulations :heart::tada:!

2 Likes

Im also a STRONG WARRIOR bc survivor! Nice meeting you! My diagnosis of ILC was in Sept 2022 followed by left mastectomy in Nov. Right side was determined clear of any cancer. (Invasive lobular carcinoma which is a rarer form & very often goes underdiagnosed because of the nature of its growth without making any kind of palpable internal lesions/lumps (!) Rather, forming long fingerlet type tumor cell growth, making it highly elusive from detection by self-examination & even by mammogram or ultrasound!)

I had originally opted for reconstruction but the tissue expander collapsed right after surgery so I told plastic surgeon to “get it out of me!”
Later, I had only 4 sessions of chemo 3 weeks apart. No radiation needed, thank God! I understand that since it was found in very early stage & that it is a slow-grower, increased possibilty of NED (no evidence of disease). I have been declared in REMISSION now!

Thank you for your words of encouragement & I wish you the best outcomes for your treatments.

1 Like

@imchrisann - totally know where you are coming from - remember when my surgeon was explaining to me what he proposed doing I just said “do what ever you need, I don’t care, just get it out of me”. I know people name their tumours, mine was called the alien. We are strong, we are warriors xxx

1 Like