results on monday

I will get the results of my core biopsy on monday. I have already been told that my ultrasound scan was number 5 for likelihood of cancer so I am prepared for the worst although that doesn’t really help. I am going with my daughter tomorrow to choose her wedding dress. She doesn’t know about anything and I get so upset at the thought of upsetting her as we are close and walking her up the aisle bald or with a wig. I am sussing out all of my dult childrens whereabouts next week and the best place and time to tell them the results. I want the plan of surgery and other tratments in place before I tell them. Then there are work colleagues to tell and it all feels a bit too much. I just want to stay at home where I feel safe and I am eating junk and drinking too much wine ( not more than a couple large glasses but a bit too regularly) just to get through this awful wait. I also have to tell my elderly parents and the thought of hurting all my lovely family is awful. My partenr died in June this year of a stroke and it all feels so lonely. I have told some friends but they don’t really understand and are either too bright or they are gloomy. Any thoughts or words of wisdom and comfort would be great

Hi Sue123

I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, Facilitator

Hi, your words and situation has struck many cords with me. I now have my results but I have not yet told my kids or members of my family except my mum and husband. I now know exactly what the course of action is so I plan now to tell work boss on Monday (I am not entitled to sick pay so want to try and sort that) and when my son breaks up from school on Friday I plan to tell him then as he is 13 and shoes not have a great experience of cancer. I like you feel I want to have all the answers first so I can answer the questions. It involves everyone …I do hope the news is the best it can be Monday … Take care sarah

Just wondering if you got your results and how it went?