return in other breast

HI HAD MASECTOMY 2004 6 YEARS LATER WENT FOR MAMOGRAM FOUND SOMETHING DID BIOPSY WAITING FOR RESULTS WED .HELL WAITING LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE AFFECTED TWICE ,ONCE IS ENOUGH JANE X

Hi Janey,

I know nothing about this but I am sending your message back to the top so that someone who does know may see it and reply.

I am sorry you are so worried and scared. Luckily tomorrow is Wednesday so the waiting will soon be over. I hope all goes well for you.

E

Hi Jane

So sorry that you are going through this stress again, once is enought for anyone.

I had my primary in July 2003, had a wide local excision, then in Dec 2006 had a re-occurence in the same breast which led to me having a mastectomy, then in July 2008 I found a lump under my arm on the opposite side which revealled a re-occurence in the other breast so I then had a mastectomy on that side too, so yes i’ve been there, bought the t-shirt etc (although not a low cut one anymore!). I do hope that you get good news from the biopsy, as you say, waithing is hell but if I can help you with anything please let me know.

Good luck
Linda

hi janey there are a few of us on the ‘local recurrence & new primary’ section…

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/local-recurrence-or-new-primary-diagnosis-f23.html

my story is posted to my profile but if you cant access it the basics are got BC age 37 in 2006 to right side… had WLE, rads and tamox
during routine annual mammo follow up found new primary in 2009 to left side… had WLE, chemo and rads… was a bit of a shocker to get it again but over the months has become easier to cope with… but did feel it was a tad selfish of me to have two cancers!! LOL

since found out i actually carry a gene mutation which wasnt apparent on screening 3 years ago.

i agree the waiting is hell on earth part of me felt i would prefer them just to say yeah it def is cancer rather than the not knowing.

good luck with your biopsy results tomorrow.

Lulu x

hi janey
so sorry…rubbish 1st time & still rubbish 2nd time!
hoping results ‘good’ as they poss can be!
4 years between dx for me & opp side too
1st time wle & ax cleraance
this time mastectomy & ax clearance
both times grade 3
can only say did get a ‘normal-ish’ life ( whatever that is!!) back after 1st time so ‘planning’ (hoping - everything crossed!!) to do that again!
let us know how you get on…
love & hugs to you
jk x

thanks for reasurance waiting for new blue dye procedure done at maidstone to see if nodes are affected its the waiting thats so scarey thanks for replying does help x

Hi Janey,

another one been there done that etc. First dx 1990, recurr. 1996, 1997, 1999 etc. Ain’t life fun? But somehow you get through it and do cope. Good luck with the next bit and hope the waiting isn’t too bad.

Dawn
xx

been there, done that too!! Had wle then mx for DCIS in may 09 and then noticed nipple changes in other breast in August 09. 2nd mx Sept 09 lobular invasive this time! so no low cut T shirts for me either!

Sorry to butt in, but I think it’s going to be a case of me too. God, isn’t once enough? Scan last Monday and results tomorrow. Very Scary! I agree that the waiting is hell.

Barbara x