Ribociclib QT prolongation

Evening all,

Has anyone developed an elongated QT after a long time on Ribociclib? I’ve had 48 cycles but now stopped (paused, I hope) as QT has gone up to 448 and I have heart symptoms.

Have been referred to. Cardio-oncologist a very long way from hiome, but no idea when I will see her. Anyone seen such a person?

BW
Kinden x

Hi @Kindensurprise

I am sorry you haven’t had a response to your question and I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing.

I am sure someone will be able to share their experience of Ribociclib with you. In the meantime you can enter the word next to the magnifying glass icon which is to the right of ‘This board’ and see previous posts on Ribociclib that may be helpful for you.

Please know that our nurses are here for your mum and your family any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

Sending our love,
Lucy

Hi Lucy,
Thanks for replying. I have put this on another board and got no real response (just hug emojis, which are thoughtful) there either, so maybe it is rare indeed.

I don’t know why you mention my Mum, she died (not cancer) less than 2 months after my secondary diagnosis nearly 4 years ago?

Regards
Kinden

1 Like

Hi Kinden,

I am sorry that no one shares your experience at the moment but I am glad that you have received support from the lovely community.

I have come across this previous post on the Macmillan forum regarding Ribociclib which has many responses suggesting there may be some people there who may be able to help with your query, if you’re interested in posting there too: https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-secondary-cancer-forum/f/general/193706/anyone-else-on-ribociclib#pifragment-13906=4

I apologise for the mention of your mum, I was a little tired yesterday and accidentally carried over some thoughts from a separate task. Thank you for mentioning it, I will be sure to double check in the future.

Sending our love,
Lucy