Risks with pregnancy ?????

Is there anyone out there who has gone onto have a baby after having estrogen receptive breast cancer ??

My oncologist gave me the go ahead to try for a baby but after over 12 months of trying she referred me to an NHS Gynocolgist who basically told me I was taking a risk with having raging hormones going around my body for nine months if I was successful in getting pregnant…

Anyone got any advice ?

Hi Sozzie,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, I’m sure you’ll get lots of support from the knowledgeable users of this site. While you are waiting for replies I have put you the link to another area of the forum where you will find some good news stories regarding BC and pregnancy. Hope it helps.

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/pregnant-with-breast-cancer-f175.html

Also you are more than welcome to phone the helpline here and have a chat with one of the nurses who are here to support you. Calls are free, lines open Mon - Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-2 0808 800 6000.

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Hiya,

There seems to be quote a differnce in opinion about this. I was dx in march and queried fertility and pregnancy on s thread and will try and find it and bump it up for you. It is a big issue for many of us. Good luck.

Vickie xxx