Safe ph level in cleaning products

My GP has told me to not use any caustic cleaning chemicals so I don’t put myself at risk of irritation / infection to my arm. Thus reducing risk of lymphodema. My work wants to know what ph level I can use without putting me at risk. Can anyone help me?

Hi Watto

Please feel free to all our helpliners regarding your queries, they may be able to point you in the right direction for help with this query, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi, I had SNB last June and mx in August. So I’m at some risk of lymph oedema, but I’ve never been told about cleaning products. To be honest, I think we could all drive ourselves mad, restricting ourselves. So, I always have worn gloves when cleaning, I still walk my dogs, ride horses, ramble through fields and do gardening. The only thing I’m cautious about is taking food out of the oven. But last week, I had a cut on my finger of my affected side and didn’t even think about it until now.

As far as I’m aware, all cleaning products are pretty harsh, so if you wear gloves and take car, as we all should anyway, I’m sure that would be ok. Have you thought of asking your surgeon or bcn ?
Good luck
Z