SAGA health insurance

Hello.  I’m new here and send warm wishes to everyone on the forum.  I had Grade 1 breast cancer 18 months ago, needed just a small op and 15 days radiothereapy.  I claimed on my health insurance with SAGA for the operation, outpatient attendance and consultations.  When my policy was renewed it had soared by 50%.  I assumed it was because I lost my no-claims bonus, but I gather from them that I would only have lost 10% of it.  I still don’t have a satisfactory answer as to why the cost went up so dramatically (other than age-related etc).  I will only need to make a small claim this year and they explained that if I paid this cost myself, the policy fee may not go up quite so much next year.  What?!!  I didn’t expect to have private health insurance and then have to juggle the figures to see whether it’s more financially sensible to pay some of the treatment myself. Has anyone experienced the same with SAGA and are there other health insurance providers who would be happy to take on a grade 1 BC sufferer.

Dear vocalist

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post yet.  You might find more people will see you question if you post in the “work, finance and travel” section.  I’ve attached a link:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Work-finance-and-travel/bd-p/4444

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator