SCANXIETY!!

Hi Helen 

What great news on your CT results enjoy your double celebrations Happy Anniversary:smileyhappy:xxx

Oooops well it is a double celebration

Fantastic news Helen…so pleased for you. Hope you had a lovely Anniversary meal. I’m i the scanxiety zone at thre moment…scan tomorrow and seeing Onc on Thursday so probably results as well. I have had 2 treatments fail very quickly and am not expecting good news…hoping a bit of your luck rubs off. Take care.x

Hi FF  I will be holding cyber hands with Marie to send you all our love and best wishes for your results

Good luck with your scan Marie and anyone else out there awaiting results I will be joining you on the 19th when I have my scan this one is making me nervous because things seem to have changed over the past 6 weeks. I will have to wait 9 days to hear the results.

Best wishes to you all xxx

Hi Marie

I hope you don’t mind me butting in on this thread?

I have loads of probs with my veins (as we all do) however I also have reynaults together with Rheumatoid Arthritis… I’m not sure if you know but both these conditions can go hand in hand with each other and over 60% of people who have these diseases will have a low HB count… Very common side effect according to my rheumatologist. They have fitted me with a portacath now and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made…(I did have a pic line, but had probs with that)… No more hunt the vein ? But I have also done a lot of research on increasing my HB… I eat loads of iron rich foods and always ensure I drink orange juice with it as it helps the body absorb iron… Oxo cube drink is a massive boost when you are low…and it’s a must to drink loads!!

I’m sorry if you already know all this info and I’ve taught you to suck.eggs!!! But your situation sounded similar to mine ?

All the best
Wolfie xx

Congratulations, FF, that’s wonderful news. I’m hoping Ibrance (palbociclib) gets approval in UK soon, I’m keen to take part in a new trial here called PIPA which combines it with 2 types of P13K inhibitors and eventually with fulvestrant as well.

I’m not joining the trial just yet, about to start fulvestrant only next week.

You must be thrilled to have a gap between scans, it sounds very positive xx

Fabulous news FF! Long may this period of stability continue.
Helen x

Hi FF

So pleased to hear your news long may it continue you deserve to celebrate. I will send Cyber Cheers across the ocean. xxx 

Well today was my results, not good my chest wall tumour was 16mm it’s now 27mm but on the good side all other mets are stable.

I am now finnished with the e/e combo Hormone treatments will no longer work so I am taking 2weeks rest before I start my new treatmen of Epirubicin or Capecitabine.

I really do hope all that are waiting for results are better than mine xxx

Thanks Nicky

I never thought I wanted to ask about biopsy one of my ulcerated skin mets is on the tumour and it secretes fluid but then other things took over. Never mind I could ask next time I see her in 2week.

Hi everyone

FF thanks for your well wishes I am now on Cape started yesterday I had a bonescan today now I have got 3weeks to wait for the results I hope I am not tempting fate but I feel quite good. Maybe in another 2week I may feel different.

Again thanks to all of you for your good wishes and I hope everyone waiting for results will get good news.

Best wishes xxx

Hi just giving a update on my bone scan wasn’t what I wanted to hear. A substantial deterioration from the last bone scan. It explains why I have more pain.

Hope anyone else getting results get better than mine. X

Hi Marie. I have scan results today and expecting to hear the same as you. I was given a CT scan in error a couple of months ago which showed “possible deterioration” Getting the results from a PET scan today (the one I should have had in the first place!) Just hoping my major organs are clear- I had a liver resection back in September to remove solitary 2.5cm met. So much is riding on this today. Hoping to take up a job abroad but if my results are rubbish my dreams could be going down the toilet… Good luck to anyone else sweating in a waiting room like me today! X

Thanks Marie. Friends and family are great but it’s only ladies like you who know what this truly feels like! Hope you’re getting on OK too. Oodles of Love back! xxx

Hi all. Not good news. After enduring a liver resection back in September to remove a solitary liver met I now have 2 liver mets. I also have 2 new bone mets to add to my existing 3. After non-effective tamoxifen it seems anastrazole is also doing nothing! Onc wants to keep cape in the back pocket for now and try me on the e/e combo (especially before the NICE review in April!) Job abroad is definitely off the cards for now. One word- gutted.

*waves to Janette* Thanks for your kind words xxx

Tomboy, so sorry you didnt get the news you’d hoped for. Try to take comfort in that there are treatment options out there for you…one will come good, i’m sure. Love and hugs.x

Sorry your results were not what you hoped for just like me but we still have to stay positive there are so many treatments to try.
Wishing you lots of luck for the new year xxx

Should have said Tomboy x

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. I’ve had a really “down in the dumps” day today. I guess I naively thought I’d get years out of anastrazole. Instead I’ve burnt through this and tamoxifen within a year. I didn’t expect to be ticking off the treatments so quickly. Really scared for the future as I’m entirely asymptomatic and feeling really well right now. As for HER2 status I’ve been banging this drum with my onc for months! The hospital where I had the liver resection done analysed my tissue and the results came back “inconclusive” My own hospital did their own test but it seems to have got lost within the computer system (argh!) They don’t seem to be in a hurry to chase this up as they’re convinced I’ll still be HER2 negative. However I’ll keep persisting! It would certainly explain why the hormonals aren’t working despite being 6/8 ER+ and 3/8 PR+!