Scared for mastectomy results

Hello
I was diagnosed with TNBC last march and started chemo and immunotherapy in April. I had a serious life threatening reaction to the immunotherapy so had to stop that and had to delay my 2nd chemo by 7 weeks.
I finished chemo in August and had my first lumpectomy in September. This wasn’t successful as not clear margins so had a second op in November. Unfortunately this too presented unclear margins as the cancer was going back towards the chest wall rather than into the breast. I therefore had to have recently (4weeks ago) had a full mastectomy with diep reconstruction. I chased my results yesterday and was told they were with the mdt to discuss yesterday so either the breast care nurse or my consultant surgeon would call me Thursday to share the results. I had a call this morning asking me to go on to see the surgeon tomorrow to discuss results. I’m now terrified these are bad news again. If it has gone into my chest wall does that mean it’s incurable? So scared right now tomorrow afternoon feels like an eternity away. Anyone had a similar experience. Surely if it was good news and they got it out on the mastectomy they would have been able to tell me that on the phone like the nurse said yesterday?!

3 Likes

Hi @Naomi81

I’m so sorry to hear what you have been going through. I can only imagine it’s difficult not having the results given over the phone. I waited many weeks for results and was asked to come in for them, they didn’t like to give results over the phone.

It’s going to be hard not to worry until you see them tomorrow but at least it’s only one more day to wait. By the end of tomorrow you will know what is happening.

I know you won’t get all the answers you need but the BCN nurses might be helpful just to chat about your concerns and worries. The phone lines are open until 4 0800 800 6000

I will be thinking about you tomorrow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Good luck tomorrow Naomi x

1 Like

Sending a big hug full of support and best wishes! :hugs:

1 Like

Results were clear in cancer free. Couldn’t be happier! Thanks for all your support

8 Likes

Fabulous news :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: