Scared to go to gp

i have history of breast cancer diagnosed about 8 years ago post treatment have been ok other than really bad anxiety. ive found changes in the other breast and am petrified to go to gp for referal i really cant go. is there a way you can be referred straight to breast clinic if your anxiety means you cannot go via gp x

I should imagine you need to go to GP first but you do need to go ASAP because if it is cancer the quicker you go the better the outcome catch it early. But please stop worrying it might be nothing and you could be worrying and stressing yourself out over nothing and that’s no good for you. Go to GP explain your anxiety and they will give you all the help you need but please get it sorted xxx

2 Likes

I’ve been told by my breast care nurse that if anything doesn’t feel right going forward to bypass the gp and ring them directly.

Xx

Hi Suez I had breast cancer 2008 and had nipple discharge 2023 I felt anxious that it had recurred but you need to get any change checked out doesn’t always mean cancer again , why not ring helpline talk to a nurse they are there to help , it might not be as bad as you think get it checked out will reassure you put your mind at rest x

thankyou xx its just the gp bit makes me feel sick with worry then the wait from there to be seen in clinic just wish we could access team without gp referal x

1 Like

thats would be so good ill ring the team tomorrow thankyou xx

With your history you should call the breast clinic and speak to a breast care nurse directly to get an appointment booked. Please don’t put it off

Dear Suez,

So sorry to read you’re in this position again, I think if this was me I would do an e-consult to the GP. This way you could bypass them and they could refer you directly to the breast clinic, maybe mention that you feel anxious about coming into the surgery I feel sure they’ll understand.

However. Please get yourself sorted as one of the other lady said always best to do this early rather than later.

Wishing you well going forward please let us know how you are getting on. It won’t be as bad as you think.

Biggest hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

Any news suez? I find worry much worse than action

Thankyou everyone for helping me overcome the fear I went to GP and was a total mess when he examined me He said he thinks it here’s nothing to worry about and has referred me to team for checking and mammogram on Wednesday Feel so much better for taking that first petrifying step and couldn’t have done it without you all x

3 Likes

Well done. Do let us know how you get on.

Seagulls

Suez

WELL DONE brave lady, keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Everything crossed for a good outcome

HUGS Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

1 Like

Mammogram and ultrasound clear Thankyou all for getting me there x

3 Likes

Excellent news Suey, hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

1 Like