Scared

Hi, I am 40 and went for an ultrasound last year as I felt a pea like lump in my left breast. Was told everything was fine and scan was clear. Over the last couple of months I have been getting lots of pain in the same breast and towards my armpit. This morning I have noticed that I have swelling under my arm which is visible when comparing to the other side. I am really worried, am thinking that they missed something last year and this has now spread. Have been online and read about this possibly being an infection in lymph node. The pain is like a stabbing pain and sometimes a tingling sensation. Any advice from anyone?? I am married with a 13 year old and 7 year old, and am starting to think perhaps I won’t be around much longer x

Hi Kelli, please don’t google and try not to panic, it could be anything and being given the all clear last year Makes it even more likely to be nothing sinister but the only way you will know for sure is to get it checked out,

you will be around for your children for a long time yet, please see your Dr as soon as possible Xxx Jo 

Thank you so much for replying Jo. I am going to try and get an appointment with gp tomorrow. I’ve read that could be stress related?? I do have quite stressful job so perhaps that’s what it is. I know perhaps I am being dramatic and I need to find some positivity!! It’s not painful all of the time, and not a lump but more of a swelling. Thanks again for taking the time to reply, it means a lot x

Jo that us such a great post to Kell. I can only echo it to you Kell.
I have been worried sick all weekend and posted in desperation on here… The clinic staff were fantastic today, and kindness itself, so supportive. It is so hard not to panic but the sooner you get checked over, the better -
I wish you well for your appt. Hugs xxx

Thank you all for your kind words and support on here. Had appointment with my gp today. She had a good feel and said that she couldn’t feel anything abnormal. Told me that both my breasts are rather lumpy (which they told me at the hospital last year). Nothing stood out and she has said that the swelling is just “thickening” rather than any type of mass. Said that the pain I experiencing could be just a sign of age and could be linked to my period bring due soon (even though I told her ice had it for a while) she went on to salt that if symptoms get worse to go back and they will refer me. Happy that she couldn’t feel anything, perhaps this is me getting older…nice ?