Scared

I am really sorry about this post but I am really scared.

I found a lump week before last and I have my appt 2moro at my hospital. I have been getting alot of pain where the lump is. I was not getting any pain before the lump was found, my gp obviously aggrevated it when he examined me. The pain today is spreading just under my arm pit but mainly in the breast. It feels like someone has hit me in my chest.

I am worried as my mum had bc 2 years ago and had a mastecomy. I just want to cry all the time. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry. I know they are trying to reassure me but it is not helping much. I dont know whether I am coming or going.

Again I am sorry about this post.

Chrissie

Chrissie,

You do not need to be sorry about posting of your fears on this site. It is only natural that you are scared. Often the waiting is the worst bit, when you can imagine all sorts of things that never come to anything.

There is nothing you can do now, except wait for tomorrow, and then you should have an answer. I hope that all turns out well, but if not you will get plenty of support from everyone on this site.

Best wishes
xx

Hi Chrissie

Can only echo what RoadRunner has said - it is perfectly natural that you are scared. I wish you all the best for tomorrow. Once you know what you are dealing with (and let’s hope it’s something simple) then you will be able to cope much better.
As RoadRunner says, should you need it, you will get a tom of support from the people on here.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on

Margaret xx

Hi Chrissie

You have come to the right place for support as we all know how scarey and worrying this time can be for you. The way you feel is completely normal and it’s really hard as it’s all consuming. I will be thinking of you and hoping things are ok when you go for your appointment tomorrow.

Hugs n stuff
Rebz xx

Hi Chrissie2005

There is absolutely no need to apologise for being scared it’s a very normal reaction to what you are going through. I am sure you will get lots of help and support from the many informed users of this site but if you feel you need to speak to someone in confidence either before you go to the hospital for your appointment or after you have been please do phone the helpline, the calls are free and the staff here are either breast care nurses or have personal experience of breast care issues. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 the lines are open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

I hope this helps, kind regards
Emma, Moderator