Seasons

New member. Secondary breast cancer in the iliac bone, HERTZ2 positive. Currently stable on Phesgo and Desumabab. Past chemotherapy gave me peripheral neuropathy. Presently on Pregabalin 3 times a day but still have some flare ups where heat and pins and needles awful. Any help to resolve this?

2 Likes

Seasons :heart: please do ring the number on here and speak to a nurse and other forum members will also reach out and help try and answer your post :heart: sorry you find yourself here. Everyone will reach out :two_women_holding_hands::heart: so anything else please ask away too :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Hi Seasons, sorry you are in so much discomfort. My SBC is different. Radiotherapy to my spine damaged my spinal cord and I don’t have any feeling from waist down except neuropathic pain. I am on pregabalin and also take medical cannabis. These keep most of the neuropathy symptoms at bay. Your oncologist has to agree to cannabis, which has to be prescribed through a private clinic.
If your feet get very cold, I use Vicks vaporub over them.
I do regular exercise, walking and gentle training sessions. I think it’s important to keep moving.
Take care xx

1 Like

So sorry to hear that Karenb66 and thanks for getting back to me. Pleased you found some relief from using Cannabis and Pregabalin. Don’t feel I’m bad enough for Cannabis yet but pleased that you got in touch as I know there’s help if things get worse in the future. I do exercise and walk fairly regularly as like you I feel it’s good to keep moving and I will try Vick’s vapour rub. Thank you. Xx

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Seasons

I am sorry to hear what you’re going through and I hope that these suggestions can help. The forum is here for you any time, it’s full of kind, helpful people and I hope you find the support you are looking for.

Please know that our nurses are also here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

Sending our warmest,
Lucy