Second baby

I am 38 and I was diagnosed with ER+ breast cancer August 2016. My daughter was 18 months old at the time.  I have read about pregnancy induced breast cancer but I have no idea if this is what i had or not. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has had second children after breast cancer. I spoke to my oncologist and he said its fine and that I should come off tamoxifen as soon as I know im pregnant. I spoke to my consultant who reiterated that being pregnant dramatically affects hormone levels. I know I am lucky to have a daughter but I always wanted a bigger family and I feel heartbroken when my daughter talks about her having a sister. My husband just wants me to be healthy but I just cant stop thinking about having another child.  I have looked at adoption and wouldnt rule it out but I keep looking at forums and people keep telling me terrible stories about the process.  I dont even know if it will be even possible to get pregnant  after all the treatment I have had but my periods have resumed so thats a positive.

Hello babubabu, 

Sorry I can not help with sharing a direct experience, but I just wanted to acknowledge your Post and hopefully share some information that may be useful to you by the link below. 

It is a bit damned if you do and damned if you don’t at times as well. Not having children can apparently raise risks, some suggest risk of breast cancer recurrence is lower after subsequent pregnancies and then someone is indicating that having a child can raise risks.  

Perhaps you need to have another discussion with Onco and/or other relevant personnel who can advise you whilst taking your individual circumstances into account

This is a major life decusion and you need the best info for you so you and your partner can weigh up the pros and cons and make a well informed choice. 

Wishing you all the best, 

Chick ? x

breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-in-younger-women/fertility-pregnancy-breast-cancer-treatment/planning-pregnancy

Hi Babubabu! I was diagnosed 2016 when my daughter was 7 months old er and her2 positive, my newest arrival is now 7 months old :slight_smile: I had contact with a few ladies who were also pregnant after a diagnosis and spoke to some who were a year or 2 on from having a baby. Whatever you decide I have my fingers crossed it all works out for you x

Opinions regarding the recurrence of cancer after pregnancy differ. I regret that so many women have to deal with such a serious illness. My friend had breast cancer at the age of 27, but after that, she never decided to get pregnant. I’m sure she loves children with all her heart. That’s why she became the agency’s foster mother of the agency fosterplus.org. This form of parenthood does not involve adoption or long-term commitment. They only help children for a few days to several months. I am proud of people who never give up. She is one of those people. From the bottom of my heart, I wish strength to every woman who has survived cancer.